What Are Signs of a Meth Lab?
Is it a Meth Lab or is it a Smoke House?
Meth labs are often in highly populated residential areas so it is important to report any signs of a meth lab. Neighbors living near a meth lab often notice unusual behavior or their neighbors running the meth lab as well as unusual waste in unauthorised dump sites.
Some warning signs of a meth lab include:
- There has been a law enforcement bust (approx. 10%)
- Environmental order from local council EHO.
- Residue test may show (BUT NOT ALWAYS).
- Higher Methamphetamine and precursor levels. Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine.
- Higher levels around potential cook areas such as kitchen range hood, laundry exhaust, garage/shed areas.
- Other contaminants, Boron, Iodine, Lithium, To name a few…
- >60% or long-term users will have a go at cooking meth at some stage.
Other meth lab signs to look for:
- Denied access to the area
- Increased traffic and late-night visitors with unusually shorts stays
- Covering and blacking out windows
- Additional security measures, CCTV cameras, security doors, guard dogs
- Chemical smells not normally found in residential areas
- Large amounts of household chemicals
- Waste with a large number of pill packaging
- Coffee filters, pillowcases, and sheets that are stained red
- Glass containers with dried chemical deposits remaining
- Burn damage to countertops in kitchen or laundry.
- New paint and carpet.
If you notice any of these signs of a meth lab it is important to report it immediately to the proper authorities and keep your neighborhood and family safe.
Signs to look for in a smokehouse (User Site)
- Meth does not discriminate, welfare recipient to a merchant banker, users come from all walks of society, do not assume
- Point bags, needles, glass pipes
- Light bulbs missing, used to smoke
- Erratic behavior, mowing the lawn at, night
- Holes in gyprock, a tendency for violence
- Intricate and detailed works, mosaic art, graffiti
- Obvious physical changes in the occupants, meth mouth, creepy crawlies under the skin
- General lack or loss of care